Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Kansas City trip

What a beautiful Monday afternoon with Sister Cecilia of The Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles. One week from yesterday my family and I came back from Kansas City where we saw the profession of these beautiful sisters. I don't think I ever once saw a sister without a smile on her face. What an inspirational trip. I think if I were not a married woman, I would join the order myself. No more time wasted on the world, only time for Our Lord. No more thoughts of, "Did I turn off the dryer before I left the house? Should I buy this little gadget that I need, even though twenty years ago people survived just fine without it? AHH! Is it the first of the month already? What can I live without so that the mortgage can be paid?" etc. No more distractions, just time with Our Lord, with our sisters, with ourselves. Meditating, praying and fasting. There is much to be said for the life of a sister, for she is so very pleasing to God. Please pray for these sisters and for all vocation. -Pax

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Beautiful, Krislynne! A great start...you still haven't told all the details of your trip...glad to read this snippet!