Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Knit-Wit

I have finally gotten back into knitting. I've had a 5 month dry spell, but I am excited about the project I am working on (pictured above), and I am also excited about the project I am about to attempt, as soon as I get the yarn. It is the most beautiful Victorian lace shawl. I think I can do it, with a little help from my good friend Kimberly, who has been knitting for many more years than myself. I do have some difficulty understanding the instructions for certain (most) patterns. It is hard for me to visualize what I am being told to do. Kimberly says it's because I don't have the needles in my hands. I guess we shall see. I did knit my first button hole last evening, on the baby sleeper (above)! It wasn't hard, just something new that I had never done before. I will keep you posted on the monster knit (the Victorian shawl) as I am working on it. Hope to get the yarn soon. Anyone know of a yarn comparable to the Peruvian Uros Aran yarn? The colors pictured are nice, but I was hoping for more of a light beige or cream colored yarn.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Krislynne:

I'm so happy that you are going to persevere and attempt your lovely shawl...I know you can do it!

Today, I taught Maggie Foley to knit! I'm so excited for her. I'm still having some trouble with it myself, but it is lovely to "pass it on".

Nonni said...

Looks good so far! :) I wanted to comment on your LOVELY front page pic of the double rainbow you put up. Did you take that pic yourself?

KRISLYNNE LYONS said...

Suzanne,

No I did not take that picture. I wish I did. It is gorgeous, isn't it?

Krislynne

Anonymous said...

i like to knit too Mom c'mon start writing somemore please!!!!!!!!!!