Monday, July 2, 2007

Back from PA.

Well, I'm back from PA. Actually, I have been back since late last Thurs. night. I'm just a little slow on updating my blog.

We were on the road about 8 hours on Wed. The scenery was beautiful. We were caught in the rain a couple of time. Once, it was raining sideways. All those hills going up and down. And the tunnels through the mountains. I think we went through 4 different mountains. The drive back was about a half an hour to 45 minutes shorter than the drive there. Less stopping along the way. The hotel or motel was horrible. We made the most of it though, since we were only staying one night anyway.
My appointment went well. I expect to have surgery, to hopefully fix my fertility problems, sometime in either September or October. Either way, I'm on the list.
A funny thing happened in the doctor's office, while waiting to be seen. My mom was telling me a funny story, and as she did my eyes became watery from laughing. Completely forgetting that I had put makeup on that morning, I started rubbing my eyes. Rubbing and rubbing, and finally my mom said, "You're smearing your makeup!" She started laughing, and then I started laughing. I looked like a raccoon, only there was no mirror for me to see the damage I had done. I rushed over to the sink and in the midst of my laughter, I said in a more serious voice, "Mom, help me before the doctor comes in!" I finally started washing my face with soap. That did the trick. My raccoon face disappeared, but the laughter didn't stop. Finally, we pulled it together and as we sat there, we wondered if the doctor had come to the door during our laughing fit, and just decided to come back a little later. Mom said, "They had to have heard us out there, and just wondered what the heck all the commotion was about!" Later on, during the drive home, mom just busted out with laughter. I asked her what was so funny, and she said, "I just keep picturing your face with all that makeup smeared all over." It was definitely the most comedic part of the trip.
Here are some picture from the drive home...






1 comment:

Kimberly said...

And no one took a picture?!! heehee

Glad all went well...how wonderful that your mom could be with you!