Monday, September 10, 2007

Back to School


Well, today is the first day of school at the Lyons residence. It has been a good long summer, which has lead to a lack of discipline in our daily lives. Starting school always puts order back into our house. I hope to make this year the best yet. So far we are running quite smoothly.

Preparing for the new school year is always a challenge. This year, I decided to make up my own lesson plans, which has been very time consuming. But I hope that all that work will pay off in the end, for me and for Erin. I have only made plans up to 18 weeks just encase they don't work the way I had hoped. I have also moved our school room from the kitchen to the computer room. We were able to obtain a table and two chairs (Thanks Renee) to use for school. I had all the schoolbooks spiral bound which looks like it will be more helpful for Erin, especially since she is left-handed. And I'll be working hard to keep up with our extra curricular activities for this year. It looks like this year will consist of piano lessons, church choir, Apostolic Works Program, Adoration, and the occasional trip to the library. It seems like a lot, but I think it will be well worth it.

Hopefully we can maintain good discipline and organization throughout the school year, even after the excitement of the new year wears off.

Happy Home Schooling to you all!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Your classroom looks great! Blessings to you both on this year's homeschool journey!