Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Day with Mom






On Saturday, my mom and I celebrated my birthday. She had asked me to come over Sat. morning and to bring my camera. She wouldn't tell me anything else. Mom knows how much I enjoy taking pictures, and she knew I had wanted to go to Lancaster to photograph the sites and old buildings downtown. So that's what we did.

First we went to Annie's Cheesecake and Tea Room for a spot of tea and some lunch. The food was very good and the atmosphere was so cute and cozy. We then decided to walk off our meal while photographing the sites downtown. We saw the mural of General Sherman as well as The Sherman House. We also saw that pink house above, that I always thought would be so neat to live in. The pink house is actually The Fairfield Heritage Association. We saw The Fairfield County Veteran's Memorial, and St. Mary's Catholic Church. The weather, by the way, was perfect. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. Finally, we went to this huge antique store called The Olde Shoe Factory. There were no shoes at all. It was an old warehouse in which they kept the name from when it actually operated as a warehouse. There were 3 floors to look at. The 2nd level had the most antiques. The 3rd level was a flea market (not that interesting). By the time we left The Olde Shoe Factory, our feet were killing us (pun intended). But, of course we could make it through a couple more stores. We briefly went through JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, and finally TJ-Maxx. For my birthday, mom bought me some really pretty picture frames from TJ-Maxx. Then we finally took our tired selves home. Thanks mom, for a really wonderful day. Hope to do it again sometime soon.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What a fun day! Your photography is lovely...I'm so glad you had that special time with your mom.