Friday, June 8, 2007

Welcome to the World Baby Sophia


Here is the newest addition to the family. Meet my new niece, Sophia Grace. She was born today at Riverside Hospital, and I had the opportunity to witness her birth. Born to Jennifer and Greg Goers (my Brother and Sister-in-laws). This was my first opportunity to witness, in person, a new life being born into the world. Words cannot describe the overwhelming feelings that came over me during the birth. We laughed and cried all at the same time. I am still in awe over it all.

I myself have never had the experience of giving birth. My husband and I have been married for 3 years and have been trying to conceive the entire time. We are very fortunate to have Erin, but always pray that God will give us a little miracle of our own. It has been a long and hard road, which I am sure some of you can relate to. Tim and I were fortunate enough to get pregnant one time, but found out at about six weeks along that the baby was an ectopic pregnancy. We were devastated! Nevertheless, it was all apart of Gods great plan and we are so happy to know that our little Ambrose Mary is in Heaven right now praying for us. Our priest was there the night I had surgery, and as soon as the baby was removed the doctor immediately handed him over to Fr. Lutz to be baptized. I still think of my baby often and ask for his intersession, that God will give us more children. Please pray for us and for our new baby niece. -Pax et Bonum

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Krislynne:

Please convey to Jennifer and family the heartfelt congratulations and thanksgiving from the Wasson family for the safe arrival of beautiful Sophia Grace..."wisdom" and "grace"...what a beautiful combination.

Thank you so much for sharing your own joy and sorrow over the loss of baby Ambrose Mary. I wept anew and remembered those happy days when we all rejoiced...and the days of sorrow when we mourned with you and your family. May God grant soon that your arms and heart be filled with the joy of new life.